CPU coolers are one of the essential pieces of hardware you need to fit into your gaming room. While playing videogames your CPU will heat a lot as the equipment runs, an effective cooling system can help prevent this.
What Is the best RGB CPU Cooler to buy?
Check Price on Amazon
CPU cooling units necessarily make sure that your PC doesn’t overheat and stop running. Spending money on the CPU coolers makes sure that you don’t have to spend a lot of money replacing your hardware. There are two essential kinds of coolers you can buy; air coolers and liquid coolers. Each one has its benefits and disadvantages, with liquid cooling generally being more efficient but has a higher price.
Air cooling might cost less; however; it isn’t as effective as liquid cooling units. Regardless of which cooling unit you buy; both can also help improve the look of your PC. Manufacturers now incorporate RGB lighting into cooling units that help create a great atmosphere.
Regardless of which type of Cooling unit you’re looking to buy, here are the best Air cooling and liquid cooling units you can buy.
Guides you may also like:
4 Best RGB CPU Air Coolers
Below, we will talk about four the very best RGB air coolers available on market:
- Supports Intel Socket 150W LGA20XX/LGA1366/LGA115X and AMD Socket 140W AM4/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2/FM2+/FM2/FM1
- RGB aluminum-made top cover and RGB fan are synchronized to present amazing colorful lighting effects
- RGB lighting system can be controlled by cable controller or motherboard with 12V 4 pin RGB port, including ASUS Aura, GIGABYTE RGB Fusion,and MSI Mystic Light
- 4 direct contact Heat pipes combined with upgraded 0.5mm thickness aluminum fins give excellent heat transfer for high DTP CPUs
- 120mm fan with PWM controlled function ensures less vibration, noise and turbulence
The first Air cooling unit on our list is the DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GT BK. Immediately on first glance, you’ll notice the striking aesthetic of the machine. It looks exceptional, and you see the premium quality of the build at once. The DEEPCOOL GAMMAX has dimensions of 5.3” *3.3” *6.14. You can fit the cooling unit into a mid-size tower without significant difficulty. Additionally, the machine also has RGB lighting to help make it look even more striking. RGB lighting is predominantly in two places.
You can find the first lighting installation on the main aluminum panel of the cooling unit. The second lights are in the fans; you can control both of the views from the aluminum control panel. The sync between the two helps create an incredibly brilliant atmosphere. Apart from being an aesthetically bright unit, the GAMMAX GT BK also has pretty phenomenal performance.
The 120mm fan not only looks impressive, it efficiently provides a brilliant cooling solution. Furthermore, four direct contact heat pipes ensure there’s minimal thermal resistance, and the transfer of heat is immediate. Additionally, the fins are thinner and stand at 0.5mm currently. These fans are lighter than regular and rapidly transfer heat, so the cooling performance of GT BL improves.
Additionally, the gaming radiator is also widely compatible and easy to install in a wide variety of machines. If you combine the aesthetic, the performance, the compatibility, and the nominal price of the device, you’ll hardly find a better deal.
- Direct contact technology: 4 Heat Pipe with exclusive direct contact technology effectively provides excellent heat dissipation; Air flow: 57.3 CFM; Noise level: 26.0 decibels
- Precise air flow: Stacked fin array ensures least airflow resistance which allows cooler air flow into the heat sink
- RGB LED controller: The wired RGB LED controller allows for customizable colors and effects with just the touch of a button
- Smart Fan sensor for jam protection: Never worry about your cables getting snagged or components being mucked up ever again
- Snap and play: Intuitive fan bracket design makes upgrading and removing the fan a breeze
The Cooler Master RR-212S is one of the best Air cooler available on the market. There’s one massive 120mm RGB fan that looks exceptional. You can easily control the lighting settings of the fan by using the Wired RGB Controller. Moreover, the remote essentially has three buttons that allow you to adjust brightness levels, lighting modes, and colors. You can quickly build your custom atmosphere.
Additionally, apart from the design, you can count on the cooler master to provide sufficient cooling solutions for your CPU. The cooler uses four direct contact heat pipes. These pipes ensure that there’s a direct transfer of heat from the cooler to the PC. Furthermore, the fan has a sensor that provides that none of your components get sucked into the fan.
It’s slightly more expensive in comparison to all the previous air coolers on our list. However, the performance and easy installation are the primary reason why the Cooler Master is so popular.
If you’re ready for the first heavy-duty radiator on our list, then take a look of the Jonsbo Down-Flow radiator. The design of the fan is incredibly striking. It features two 120mm RGB fans, with a tower design that dramatically increases the efficiency of the cooling unit. Aside from this, the design of the CPU cooler allows the RGB lighting to shine through brilliantly.
Moreover, RGB lighting is controllable through a straightforward controller. Additionally, the fan makes use of 6 direct contact heat fans to ensure effective transfer of heat to the CPU. Furthermore, the incredibly thin aluminum fins of the radiator will facilitate the thermal transfer. Having more fans and better fins will enable the cooling unit to provide an efficient cooling solution much more effectively than some of the other fans on our list.
The top-down mounting of the fans ensures that the most considerable volume of cold air is passing through the fans onto your hardware.
The cooling unit may be significant in size when comparing it to other hardware on our list; however, it’s still incredibly compatible with a variety of different cases. The easy installation, in combination with the high-level performance, makes this cooling unit a must buy.
- Versatile All-In-One Mounting Solution, Supports AMD CPU Socket: AM4/ AM3+/ AM3/ AM2+/ AM2/ FM2/ FM1, Intel CPU Socket: LGA2066/ LGA2011-V3/ LGA2011/ LGA1511/LGA1366/LGA1156/LGA1155/ LGA115X/ LGA775 (Core i3/i5/i7)
- 120mm PWM LED Fan, RGB Color, with a LED Color Remote Control, easy to adjust the light color and glowing modes freely, designed with NIT noise reduction tech, offer a balance between high performance and quietness
- 4 Direct Contact Copper Heatpipes, with wave shaped aluminum fins, for higher efficiency heat dissipation
- Cool All Blackening design 52-Layer wave shaped fins, improves the contact area between the fins and heat pipes and air flow intensity, enhances heat conductivity efficiency
- Easy to Install, comes with premium Thermal Compound, One Year Warranty
The Wrcibo CPU Cooler is another reasonably trending cooling unit. It has a very cool design which incorporates some brilliant RGB lighting. You’ll notice that the front of the fan uses RGB lighting to give off an excellent look. Furthermore, you’ll see the installation of RGB lighting on the sides of the aluminum fins.
Additionally, you get a remote controller that allows you to control the RGB light settings of the CPU cooler. You can also change the settings to give you more customization options. The remote controller makes it easy to change the lighting settings without having to take anything apart.
Additionally, the 120mm fan also provides efficient cooling and uses noise, reducing technology as well. Furthermore, the aluminum fans also have black paint on them to ensure the rapid transfer of heat.
The CPU cooler is also incredibly easy to install. It’s slightly pricier than the GAMMAX by DEEPCOOL. However, the Wrcibo CPU cooler is a reliable alternative if you’re looking for a CPU cooler.
04 Best RGB CPU Liquid Coolers
Below, we will talk about four the very best RGB liquid coolers available on market:
- Two 120 millimeter ML PRO Series RGB magnetic levitation PWM fans deliver a blast of color and improved airflow for extreme CPU cooling performance. Air flow - 75 CFM. Noise level - 37.0 decibels
- 16 Individually controlled RGB LEDs light up the pump head to produce stunning, customizable lighting effects to match your build
- CORSAIR iCUE software allows you to control your cooler’s RGB lighting, monitor CPU and coolant temperatures, and adjust fan and pump speeds, all from a single intuitive interface
- Thermally optimized cold plate and low-noise pump design for high performance, quiet cooling
- Compatible Sockets: Intel LGA 115x, 1366, 2011, 2011-3, 2066 and AMD FM1, FM2, AM2, AM3, AM4, TR4
The first liquid cooler on the list is the Corsair H100i RGB liquid cooler. The liquid cooler uses two pro series magnetic RGB fans. Each fan is 120mm in size and offers both a robust cooling solution and excellent design choice. Additionally, the fans also provide a higher amount of air that flows through the cooling units.
Furthermore, multiple LEDs effectively light up the front end of the pump to create an incredible aesthetic for your build. Moreover, the performance of the liquid cooler is far better than the performance of air coolers. Using liquid coolers, you can easily overclock your GPU and get the max out of your PC.
Furthermore, the cold plate and the pump work efficiently together to provide your PC with an efficient cooling system. An active cooling system that’s also very silent and performs admirably as well. Additionally, the CORSAIR iCUE software enables you to not only adjust the RGB coloring unit but, it allows you to monitor several vital aspects of the CPU. These aspects include the CPU temperature, fan speed, and coolant temperatures all in one place, allowing you to track everything easily.
Apart from being incredibly aesthetic and having high-level performance, the liquid cooling unit has a simple installation as well. You can watch the video available on the Corsair website if you’re having any trouble.
Being a proper liquid cooling unit, the price of the Corsair is significantly higher than the cost of the Air coolers. However, the liquid cooling units have substantially better performance when you compare them to Air coolers. By paying the higher price, you get much more effective cooling, so it’s worth the extra money.
- AM5 &LGA1700 Kit available. Search ASIN B09LLYRWDQ, Thermaltake P/N CL-O032-PL00BL-A, to upgrade now
- Patented Ring Plus RGB Software Enabled : Changes the light modes, colors, speeds, brightness, fan speeds, and even supports AI voice control in iOS and Android devices
- 12 Separately Controlled RGB LEDs for unrivaled Lighting Control.Rated Voltage:12 V/ 5VRated Current:0.325 A / 0.4AMotor Speed:3600 R.P.M
- 360mm High Efficiency Radiator with Push/Pull Mounting Support.For desktop:Requires TT RGB PLUS Software 1.1.5 version or later,For iOS:Requires iOS 10.0 or later,For Android:Requires Android 6.0.0 or later with screen resolution 1920 x 1080
- High Performance Waterblock and Durable Sleeved Cable
If you want a heavy-duty liquid cooling unit, you might want to give Thermaltakes’ Floe triple riing RGB 360 a look. The Flow triple riing RGB 360 is Thermaltake’s most premium liquid cooler, being world’s first 16.8 million colors liquid cooler with three 120mm riing plus RGB fans and a LED water block. This system provides excellent performance and premium quality, all while looking like it’s something ahead of its time with the help of RGB lighting. By having this in your gaming set-up not only will it elevate the look your set-up, but it will also provide ultimate CPU cooling meaning you can game for hours without the worry of your system heating up.
This cooling system includes three of the patented riing plus RGB fans. Each fan has a LED ring which consists of 16.8 million colors and 12 addressable LEDs. These fans utilize compression blades and hydraulic bearing to enhance the users gaming experience.
Next in this system is the exclusive LED water block with high-reliability pump. The pump enables the maximum amount of water circulation due to its high quality, which in turn keeps the copper plate continuously cool. Featuring six addressable LEDs, Even the Waterblock looks terrific. It also comes with 16.8 million colors, which means you can sync the lighting effects with the riing plus RGB fans. All this syncing up can be done on the patented Riing plus RGB software and app.
The Riing plus RGB app is a handy feature of this cooling system. It allows the user to do things like monitor fan performance, adjust fan speed, or customize the lighting effects all on the exclusively designed mobile app. Light mode allows the user to switch between different lighting schemes such as sound control, blink, pulse, along with the option of choosing the color mode and four different light speeds. The app measures the Fan speed in RPMs and can perform up to 1500 RPM. It has two modes “silent mode” and “Performance mode,” in silent mode, the RPM is in the range of 500-1500. Whereas in performance mode it dynamically adjusts up to 1500 RPM.
With this impressive combination of features you’re surely getting the right amount of bang for your buck.
- 240 millimeter Radiator low: profile dual chamber addressable RGB pump with dual addressable RGB fans for push and pull air flow; Air flow: 66.7 CFM; Noise level:30.0 decibels
- Addressable RGB fans and pump: Color option can be controlled through Cooler Master software centimeter Plus
- Removable pump cap: never worry about installing the pump upside down; Pop out the cap and place it; Done
- Includes: Wired addressable RGB Controller for non RGB motherboards for customize colors
- Sleeved FEP Tubing's: sleek black outer sleeves with FEP Tubing's inside for durable lasting and flexibility
The third Cooler Master cooling unit on this list is immediately recognizable by its similar aesthetic as well. The Liquid cooler features two large RGB fans and an RGB head pump. The lighting looks brilliant with the black chassis. The radiator is 240mm in size and will fit in some mid-tower cases and all full tower cases comfortably.
Furthermore, the RGB lights are controllable through an easy to set up the remote. You can use this remote to change the colors, adjust the brightness, and change the dynamic modes of the lighting. Moreover, you can use the CM Plus software to monitor performance and improve the light as well.
The MasterLiquid ARGB uses two dual fans that take in massive amounts of air and provide an efficient cooling system. Moreover, the pump has two chambers that mostly separate the hot coolant from the cold one to provide more effective cooling. The Unit is also easy to install so you won’t have to waste a lot of time.
Cooler Master does live up to their name with this excellent CPU cooler.
- Advanced Lighting Modes: With an infinity mirror Design, add amazing color and lighting to your CPU cooler for a fully dynamic lighting experience
- Engineered For Performance: Engineered to achieve superior cooling while keeping noise levels to a minimum
- Master Your Control: Using CAM, manage the performance with precision and make changes quickly, using the desktop or mobile app. You can even monitor pump speed and liquid temperature.
- All-New Radiator Fans: The Aer P radiator fans included are Designed for liquid-cooling perfection; Providing silent operation, durability, and powerful cooling performance. Fan Noise Level - 21-38dBA
The NZXT Kraken is equally as impressive as its name. The RGB Liquid Cooler uses an infinity mirror design that effectively improves the impact of the lighting. The infinity mirrors are perfect and quickly help the illumination of this liquid cooler to stand out. Apart from the superior lighting performance, the NZXT Kraken X62 has some of the best cooling performance amongst liquid coolers.
The Liquid cooling units contain two 140mm radiator fans that effectively help cool down the CPU. Furthermore, the design of the new radiator fans ensures that they not only provide active cooling but are also quieter than before. One of the most critical fixtures of liquid cooling units is the low amount of noise they make.
Additionally, the NZXT Kraken has brilliant software that allows you to manage the performance of your liquid cooling unit. The CAM software will enable you to monitor the temperature levels of the Kraken.
The company offers a six-year warranty to complete the perfect package. If you’re looking for a solid cooling unit with a minimal aesthetic, this is perfect for you.