Investing in the best gaming setup doesn’t always have to break your bank, especially if you are looking for an entry-level gaming PC. $1000 is a great price point for new gamers and OGs to save up. In addition, this amount will get you the best pre-built gaming PC and guaranteed excellent gaming performance.
Our Top picks for gaming computers under $1000
Check Price on Amazon
If you wish to enjoy modern demanding gaming titles, you will need a powerful PC to handle that. While building your own gaming rig is fun and exciting, investing in the best gaming computer will save you time, effort, and stress. Compared to PCs under $800, the best gaming PCs under $1000 feature better RAM, more storage, and faster CPU.
Before we get started, here’s what you should look for in a gaming PC under $1000:
1. GPU – Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB GPU is sufficient for gaming at 1080p
2. CPU – Intel Core i5 or AMD Ryzen 5 CPU is excellent for gaming performance
3. RAM – minimal RAM acceptable for gaming is 8 GB DDR4 RAM
4. Storage – 1 TB HDD or 250-600 SSD is ideal for storing your favorite games
With this in mind, let us look at the best gaming computer in this category:
- System: Intel Core i5-10400F 2.9GHz 6-Core | Intel B460 Chipset | 8GB DDR4 | 500GB PCI-E NVMe SSD | Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB Video Card | 1x HDMI | 1x DisplayPort
- Connectivity: 6x USB 3.1 | 2x USB 2.0 | 1x RJ-45 Network Ethernet 10/100/1000 | 802.11AC Wi-Fi | Audio: 7.1 Channel | Keyboard and Mouse
- Special feature: Tempered Glass Side Case Panel | RGB Case Lighting | RGB 7 Colors Gaming Mouse
- 1 year parts & labor | Free lifetime tech support
CyberpowerPC is a one-stop-shop for prebuilt gaming PCs, motherboards, processors and gaming peripherals. This desktop features a powerful hexacore Intel Core i5-10400F CPU with a clock frequency of 2.9 GHz. In addition, this desktop houses NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB Video Card to make the best gaming PC under $1000.
This Xtreme gaming PC has a 500GB PCI-E NVMe SSD, which is faster than traditional hard drives. Furthermore, it features an 8GB DDR4 RAM that supports gaming memory in real-time. In addition, this desktop has an Intel chipset B460 which allows for more components to be added to the motherboard. In turn, this makes the system future-proof.
This desktop has a tempered glass side case panel and RGB case lighting that transforms its design. In terms of connectivity, this prebuilt gaming PC has 6 USB 3.1 ports, 2 USB 2.0 ports, ethernet, WiFi and audio channel ports.
Graphics are not integrated
Overclocking headroom is limited
The RAM limits its performance
- Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4GHz (3.9 GHz Max Boost) CPU Processor | 500G SSD – Up to 30x Faster Than Traditional HDD
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GDDR5 Video Card | 8 GB Gaming Memory DDR4 3000 with Heat Spreader | Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- PCIe AC Wi-Fi with Antenna | No bloatware | 4 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Ports, 2 x USB 2.0 | HD Audio and Mic | Free RGB Keyboard & Mouse
- 3 x RGB RING Fans for Maximum Air Flow | Skytech mATX Mid-Tower Tempered Glass Case
- 1 Year Warranty on Parts and Labor | Lifetime Free Technical Support | Assemble in the USA | This Powerful Gaming PC Capable to Run Any of Your Favorite Game at 1080P High to Ultra Resolution with 60+ FPS Such As Apex Legends, Fortnite, Player Unknown Battleground (PUBG), Overwatch, CS:GO, Battlefield V, Anthem, The Division 2, and More.
The SkyTech Blaze II prebuilt gaming PC is an AMD-based system that features a hexacore processor with the ability to balance multi-threaded loads. It has Ryzen 5-3600 processor that clocks at 3.4 GHz base frequency and 3.9 GHz boost frequency. In addition, this gaming PC has NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GDDR5 Video Card.
This Skytech computer utilizes StorMI technology to offer a high-volume hard disk at a low price and speed of an SSD. The 500 GB SSD combined with 8 GB gaming memory is sufficient to support quality gaming at 1080p. In addition, the heat spreader also helps to optimize the performance and loading capacity.
This prebuilt gaming PC has tempered glass that converts the design from normal to chic. In addition, it has RGB ring fans that circulate and regulate airflow in the PC, thus minimizing overheating. This desktop has a PCle WiFi Antenna, an HDMI, DVD, Audio, Mic, and multiple USB ports to enhance external connectivity.
- FREE UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11 (1) (when available, see below)
- CUSTOMIZABLE AND COMPACT – This sleek, space-saving tower allows you to expand and upgrade with customizable LED lights and system optimization in the OMEN Command Center
- 4K READY – Outstanding performance and immersive multimedia entertainment with 4K visuals courtesy of the 10th Generation Intel Core i5-10400F processor
- STUNNING GRAPHICS – With the all-new NVIDIA Turing architecture and 4 GB GDDR5 dedicated memory, you’ll get all the power you need for fast, smooth, and power-efficient performance from the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics card
- DDR4 MEMORY – With 8 GB of RAM, everything from browsing multiple web pages to playing games gets a performance boost
While HP has a reputable name in office desktops and laptops, it also has gaming desktops under its belt that offer excellent performance. For example, the HP Pavilion gaming desktop offers stunning gaming graphics at a very affordable price. This desktop features NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 dedicated graphics card made from the new NVIDIA Turing architecture.
The Intel Core i5 10th Gen 10400F CPU on this desktop facilitates decent performance for gaming, paired with 8 GB DDR4 RAM. In addition, this desktop has 256 GB of PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive storage. However, while the NVMe SSD storage is multiple times faster than HDD, the 256 GB is quite limited.
Connectivity on this desktop is facilitated by the USB 2.0, USB 3.0, HDMI, ethernet and display ports. Additionally, this desktop uses an Intel B365 motherboard which is easily upgradeable.
- ✔ GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (Brand May Varies) | 8GB DDR4 3200MHz Gaming Memory with Heat Spreaders | Windows 10 Home 64-bit | AMD High Performance Air Cooler
- ✔ 802.11AC Wi-Fi | No Bloatware | 1x HDMI, 1x DP Guaranteed, additional ports may vary | HD Audio and Mic | Free Gaming Keyboard and Mouse | USB ports include USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and USB 3.2 Gen1
Skytech, although being a small gaming PC brand, offers desktop models that are a great value for your money. This 12-threaded prebuilt gaming PC has a hexacore AMD Ryzen 5 3600. It has a clock frequency of 3.6 GHz and 4.2 GHz at maximum boost. In addition, the graphics of this desktop is GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GDDR5 Graphics. This makes this pc gaming desktop suitable for more than just gaming needs.
This prebuilt gaming PC offers 500 GB SSD storage to store popular games you are playing, which is more than enough for games and other programs. The PC also has 8GB DDR4 3000MHz accompanied by heat spreaders. Since this PC utilizes an AMD B450 motherboard, you can overlock the processer to get the most out of it.
Similar to other prebuilt gaming PCs, this desktop allows you to connect to other devices conveniently. It has a display port, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, HDMI, Ethernet and Audio ports. In addition, this desktop features 3 RGB ring fans for maximum airflow and to prevent overheating.
- System: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz (4.2GHz Max Turbo) | 8GB DDR4 RAM | 240GB SSD | Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Graphics: NVIDIA GT 730 2GB Video Card | Display Connectors - VGA, DVI-I, & HDMI
- Connectivity: 4 x USB 3.0 | 2 x USB 2.0 | 1x RJ-45 Network Ethernet 10/100/1000 | Audio: 7.1 Channel
- Special Add-Ons: Tempered Glass RGB Gaming Case | 802.11AC Wi-Fi Included | 16 Color RGB Lighting Case | Free iBuyPower Gaming Keyboard & RGB Gaming Mouse | No Bloatware
- Warranty: 1 Year Parts & Labor + Free Lifetime US Tech Support | Assembled in the U.S.A
iBuypower is a renowned name in the PC and computing industry. This desktop can easily handle gaming and other tasks conveniently. It is equipped with AMD Ryzen 5 3600 processor with a clock frequency of 3.6GHz and 4.2GHz Max Turbo. In addition, it features NVIDIA GT 730 2GB Video Card that is convenient for gaming.
This gaming desktop from iBuypower has a 240 GB SSD that is expandable to provide more storage. It also has 8GB DDR4 RAM to store gaming information at ease. The RAM combined with the graphics enables the PC to render gaming graphics and access the memory fast.
In terms of connectivity, this PC is fully packed to meet your needs. It has 2 USB 2.0 ports, 4 USB 3.0 ports, Ethernet and Audio ports. Additionally, it has a display, HDMI and WiFi port. The design of this iBuypower gaming desktop features a black tower and a transparent panel on one side. In addition, the two RGB strips at the front add a unique design to it.
How to Choose the Best Gaming Computer Under $1000
A pre-built gaming PC is a good option for many gamers. This is because it takes the guesswork out of the components required in a computer to support gaming. However, considering that there are many gaming desktop options on the market, choosing the best-prebuilt gaming PC may be daunting. To narrow your choices, below are key factors to look out for in a gaming PC.
1. Graphics Card
The graphics card is the heart of any gaming PC. The GPU is responsible for rendering tasks and images in real-time and influences the quality of the graphics. In addition, the best graphics card is what makes the primary difference between a gaming and a standard PC.
Gaming PCs under $1000 will have to make some compromises, some of which include the GPU. If you wish to game conveniently at 1080p, an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1160- 1660 GPU graphics card will be sufficient. In addition, some PCs will support gaming at 1440p.
The central processing unit(CPU), also known as the processor, is the nucleus of the computer. It is responsible for processing general computing tasks, such as instructions given by the software running on the PC and other hardware accessories.
Most processors in PCs of this category will often be older generations. While not being the latest on the market, these processors will be from a previous generation and will still have high speeds hence good for gaming.
Computers with Intel Core i5 will be good for gaming, but if you want the best gaming experience, consider a PC with AMD Ryzen 5 CPU. However, if you want to stream a game, a faster processor will be worth your money.
The RAM of a PC temporarily stores necessary information in real-time, enabling access to that information relatively fast. Therefore, the RAM capacity of your gaming PC affects the gaming experience and your PC’s ability to multitask.
To have the best gaming performance and 8 GB DDR4 RAM or higher is sufficient, especially for hardcore gaming. In addition, pre-built gaming PCs with 16GB RAM are more future-proof and optimal than ones with 8GB RAM.
Games have large files that need adequate storage to be stored. Different manufacturers offer varying storage solutions, including Solid State Drives(SSD) and Hard Disk Drives(HDD). Some gaming PCs under $1000 will have both an SSD and HDD.
While the storage combination is not necessary, having the best of both worlds doesn’t hurt either. SSDs are faster and have a higher performance than HDDs. However, the latter offers more bulk storage which makes it also useful. For example, a PC with 250-500GB SSD or 1TB HDD storage capacity will have better gaming performance.
When gaming, you will need to connect your PC to external devices. Checking the connection options offered by the best gaming PCs will help influence your decision. Other than WiFi connection, some PCs will have USB, HDMI, PS2, Ethernet, Display Port and Audio ports. In addition, a gaming PC that supports multiple connectivities will be an added benefit to you.
The best gaming PCs with high-performing CPUs and GPUs will at some point need to be upgraded to fit your growing gaming needs. Unfortunately, you can only upgrade the CPU if the motherboard supports the upgrade. However, gaming PCs with AMD processors have B450 motherboards, which are easily upgradeable.
While a pre-built PC under $1000 still falls on the affordable end, you want to ensure that you buy a reliable machine that will serve you for years. Checking the warranty included on the PC is great as this will save you extra money if anything goes amiss within the warranty period.
8. Other Features
Seeing as you will be spending plenty of time on your own gaming PC set up, it would help to have other features that add to performance and gaming quality. For example, an awesome mouse, keyboard and PC case will make all the difference.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Prebuilt Gaming PC
1. What is the best gaming PC under $1000?
The CyberpowerPC Xtreme gaming desktop is hands down the best gaming PC under $1000. This desktop offers high-performance graphics combined with a processor that makes multitasking easy. In addition, unlike other prebuilt gaming PCs on our list, this desktop has an added VR feature that makes it worth your money.
2. Can you get a good gaming PC for $1000?
Yes. With $1000, you can get the best gaming PCs for playing games at 1080p. While the PCs in this category are not high-end and do not always have the latest graphics or processors, you will still get the previous generation hardware that will deliver smooth performance.