If you’re looking for an affordable gaming laptop with a powerful processor and other amazing features, then the best gaming laptop under $1500 is perfect for excellent gaming performance.
While most gaming devices are expensive, over $2000, some great ones can be bought for less than $1500. In addition, some leading laptop manufacturers have come up with budget-priced gaming computers by deepening their computers to an intelligent design.
Thanks to the many choices available in the market today so that the gaming enthusiasts can pick according to their specific needs. However, the wide range of choices can also make it difficult to settle on one. This is why we have reviewed the five best gaming laptops under $1500 that you should consider.
What are the best gaming laptops to buy?
Check Price on Amazon
Why Do You Need a Gaming Laptop?
Until recently, gaming on a laptop was impossible, and people preferred desktops for their high-quality graphics, processing power, and superior specs that looked impossible to get in a laptop.
However, with time, laptops have become a reality and also very popular. With the advent of intelligent technologies and superior design for performance management, it has become possible to do complicated tasks on compact devices.
This means that you can play even the high-end games on laptops and get a high desktop-level gaming experience. But what do gaming laptops under $1500 bring to the table?
Most of these gaming devices have a processing power that is able to support games at moderate to high settings. Since you spend less money than you would be buying a new gaming laptop, you get the flexibility of purchasing a fresh one a few years later.
So, if you have a budget of $1500, here is a review of the best gaming devices available in the market today.
1. Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming Laptop, 15.6″ FHD (1920×1080) IPS Screen
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- Welcome to the next generation of gaming performance with the AMD Ryzen 7 4800H mobile processor, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, and 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD storage
- Enjoy fast refresh and deep colors with a 144 Hz refresh rate and outstanding clarity on a 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS display
- The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti GPU is a blazing-fast supercharger for your favorite games and the newest titles
- Get maximum performance via Dual Burn Support, which pushes the CPU and GPU together for improved framerates, and Legion Coldfront 2.0 for thermal tuning
Although Lenovo is not one of the best-known brands when it comes to gaming devices, if you’re looking for an affordable gaming device, the Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming Device is hands down the best gaming laptop under $1500.
This laptop has an elegant look and construction with a very sleek and lightweight design that makes it easy for you to carry it around with no hassle. The performance of this device is powered by the latest AMD Ryzen 7 5800H processor with 16 threads and 8 cores for a glitch-free gaming experience.
It also comes with the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050Ti GPU for faster and improved performance. The laptop also has 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD storage that will serve the purpose right. It also comes with a standard 15.6″ FHD display that features an anti-glare feature and also a refresh rate of 144Hz.
2. Razer Blade 15 Base Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core
- More Power. The 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H processor provides the ultimate level of performance with up to 5.0GHz Max Turbo and 6 cores
- Supercharger: The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics is a blazing-fast supercharger for today’s most popular games
- More Frames: Incredible performance paired with the fast 120Hz 15.6" Full HD thin bezel display helps edge out the win
- Thin and Compact: The CNC aluminum unibody frame houses incredible performance in the most compact footprint possible, while remaining remarkably durable and just 0.78" thin
- Ready To Connect: Fully loaded with ample connectivity including a webcam, wireless-AC, Bluetooth 5, 2X USB Type-A, 2X Type-C ports, and more
The Razer Blade 15 Base Laptop 2020 brings lots of resourcefulness to the table. First, it has an aluminum-clad and unibody structure that is quite sleek and portable. Its display is sharp and color accurate with a refresh rate of 144Hz, which ensures screen ghosting and tearing are kept at a minimum.
Its thinner paneling adds to the visual brilliance that amplifies the screen-to-body ratio of its 1080p screen. In addition, it comes with 16 GB high-speed RAM, a dual-channel RAM module with upgradeability, and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060.
This laptop also features a 9th gen Intel core i7 10750h processor, and the CPU has a 12-threaded architecture that is a perfect fit for video editing, mSD modeling, gaming, etc. It includes a pre-installed Windows 10 operating system and connectivity specs such as Wi-Fi 6, Thunderbolt port, etc.
3. ASUS TUF Gaming A15 Gaming Laptop
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB Graphics with ROG Boost
- Quad-core AMD Ryzen 7 4800H Processor
- 15.6” FHD (1920x1080) 144Hz IPS-Type display
- 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD | 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Windows 10 Home
- Durable MIL-STD-810 military standard construction | 90WHr battery with nearly double the battery life as our previous versions
The ASUS TUF Gaming A15 notebook is a durable and gamer-friendly option that has an aesthetically pleasing design. It boasts an unmatched level of ruggedness as well as brushed metal accents. Its ADC cooling technology, symmetrically aligned cooling fans, and honeycomb style cooling vents make it stand out from other gaming laptops.
Furthermore, you also get a 6GB video RAM, which is handy for photorealistic and real-time rendering sessions. It also features 32GB of system memory, which is enough for any gamer, even competitive gamers.
This ASUS TUF Gaming A15 uses a 1TB NVMe SSD to achieve faster app loading performances and faster boot-ups. This laptop’s other great features are high fidelity speakers, a backlit keyboard, and a collection of ports, including Type-A, Type-C, HDMI, etc.
4. 2021 Flagship Lenovo Y540 15 Gaming Laptop Computer
- 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD
- Equipped With The Powerful and Fast 9th Gen Intel Hexa-Core i7-9750H (Base Clock 2.6GHz, Max Boost Clock Up to 4.5GHz, 12MB Smart Cache, 12 Threads)
- 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS 144Hz Anti-Glare Display, Dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6
- 3x USB-A 3.1 Gen 1, 1x USB-C 3.1 Gen 1, 1x Mini DisplayPort 1.4, 1x HDMI 2.0, 1x RJ45 Ethernet, 1x 3.5mm Microphone/headphone combo
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit), Backlit Keyboard, Harman speakers with Dolby Atmos for Gaming, Bluetooth, Built-in Webcam, Up to 5 hours battery life: 【HDMI Cable】
The 2021 Flagship Lenovo Y540 15 Laptop is another great laptop that you can purchase with a lot less than $1500. This laptop is more concerned with amplifying professional resources. It comes with a semi-rugged and durable chassis that weigh about 5.06 pounds.
It has a vibrant 15. 6-inch full HD display and 32GB of onboard RAM which can handle any 3D project, gaming requirements, and browser indulgences. As one of the best mid-range gaming laptops, the Lenovo Y540 laptop provides access to the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU with a Turing architecture.
All these features are paired with 4GB of video RAM, which can easily manage every mid-range AAA game, both at 720p or 1080p settings. In addition, it includes dual storage compatibility that has a 1TB solid-state drive with the Windows 10 OS.
5. ASUS ROG Strix G15 (2020) Gaming Laptop
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6 with ROG Boost (Base: 1005MHz, Boost: 1560MHz, TDP: 115W)
- Latest 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H Processor
- 15.6” 144Hz Full HD 1920x1080 IPS-Type Display
- 16GB DDR4 2933MHz RAM | 512GB PCIe SSD | Windows 10 Home
- ROG Intelligent Cooling thermal system with Thermal Grizzly Liquid Metal Thermal Compound
As one of the best gaming laptops under $1500, the ASUS ROG Strix G15 (2020) Gaming Device is a great option if you’re looking for an advanced storage capacity, best graphics card, and CPU. It measures 5.28 pounds which is a bit heavy, but this is because of its intelligent cooling technology.
The cooling technology has the ability to simmer down the heat by approximately 12%, and this is increases the speeds of the processing performances by 100MHz. It comes with a 15.6 inch full HD IPS display and a refresh rate of 240Hz.
This laptop features a 10th gen intel core i7 processor and several graphics card options like Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060/ RTX 2070/ GTX 1660 Ti/ GTX 1650 Ti for improved gaming performance. Additionally, it has 16GB RAM and a storage space of 1TB HDD.
What Do You Consider When Buying the Best Gaming Laptop Under $1500?
When it comes to a laptop for gaming, GPU is one of the most important things you should consider. The recommended graphics is at least Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 graphics card or Nvidia GTX 1060 because they are easy to use on most games.
You want to ensure that the gaming laptop has a great RAM of at least 16GB because anything less than that may slow down your laptop. This is especially true when you are looking to run many applications or have several tabs open.
Most laptops in this price range come with an Intel Core i7 processor, which should be the standard CPU. The 7th generation Intel Core i7 7700HQ is the most popular processor for laptops under this price range, but you can also get more.
As an alternative, the laptops may have the Ryzen 7 processor, which may sometimes be better than the Intel Core i7. However, both processors are equally capable and strong enough when it comes to gaming.
4. Refresh Rate
A high refresh rate will give you a split-second reaction time in competitive multiplayer games. If you’re an enthusiast gamer, you need to consider at least a 144Hz refresh rate for an improved laptop gaming experience.
You also need to consider a heat-dissipating thermal architecture and a great response time to help minimize ghosting. You will find other laptops in this budget with a 60Hz-120Hz refresh time, which may not be enough for playing the latest games.
5. Screen and Display
Some laptops under $1500 may include a full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS screen, while others might have a 4K display. Most laptops have screen sizes of between 15 to 17 inches, but there are some rare options that go below and above this range. Choose a size that you’re most comfortable with, and remember, the bigger the screen, the heavier the laptop.
The right Solid State Drive (SSD) will load on Windows, different programs, and games instantly, as well as reduce the laptop’s start-up time. An HDD is recommended in the best gaming laptop under $1500.
This is because a Hard Drive (HDD) will enable you to save a lot of files. As a result, a solid HDD and SSD combination is recommended to ensure the laptop has efficient storage and can run optimally.
7. Battery Life
The battery life is another important consideration when it comes to a powerful gaming laptop. Unfortunately, most laptops designed for gaming have below-average battery life. More often than not, if you need a better experience and performance, you will need to compromise on the battery life.
Additionally, the specialized hardware and high-performance features in a gaming laptop may heat ut the laptop when gaming, which in turn impacts the battery life the laptop can provide.
Apart from the quality of construction, you want to ensure that you get a light gaming laptop for easy portability. Most laptops will have a durable chassis and case. Some will also have a sleek and elegant finish with flashy colors. The design choice is based on your personal preference and needs.
9. Cooling System
For powerful gaming laptops or gaming notebooks, overheating is a common problem that they experience. For this reason, you want to ensure that the laptop is well constructed to support the intense heat from gaming.
Some laptops come with specialized cooling systems that ensure the laptop remains cool even after hours of gaming. However, while many laptops have built-in fans, this may not be enough and may require a cooling pad or external fan to keep them cool.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on the Best Gaming Laptops
1. Can a gaming laptop be used for other tasks?
Definitely, many gaming laptops can be used for other daily tasks, including video editing, web surfing, and a lot of other tasks. It just works like a normal laptop, only that the laptop is specifically designed for gaming.
2. Which one is better; a gaming laptop or a gaming desktop?
Both devices have a performance that is more or less the same, but you might get smaller components in a laptop because of size limitations. However, if you’re looking for a portable option, then the laptop is the best option.
3. Are gaming laptops worth it?
Most gaming devices come with features and specifications that a normal laptop wouldn’t have; they are totally worth it. If you’re a gaming geek, it is always a good idea to go with a most powerful gaming laptop because it comes with heavy hardware for demanding games.
4. What is the benefit of Anti-glare displays in laptops?
The anti-glare technology helps minimize the ambient and direct light to ensure viewing is much more soothing for the users. This is because the light radiated from laptops might be dangerous, and prolonged exposure might cause eye fatigue or even impair eyesight.