Purchasing a laptop that meets all your requirements takes a lot of time and research, but it's also challenging to find the best laptops with the best combination of laptop features. For example, you will not need more than 16GB for day-to-day tasks, and it's often considered overkill to have 32GB of ram unless you are performing demanding tasks such as gaming, designing, programming, or rendering.
Best Laptops with 32GB Ram
Check Price on Amazon
There is always the option to build a gaming PC that will be more powerful than a thin and slim laptop, but a laptop is better since it offers portability. Therefore, there is nothing wrong with purchasing the best laptop with 32 GB RAM if you want a fairly portable laptop. This article will be a perfect guide when shopping for the best 32Gb Ram laptops, and we have included things you will need to consider along with the RAM disk requirement. Read on.
Is 32 GB RAM Necessary on Any Laptops?
No, it's not always necessary, but it depends on what you will use it. Nevertheless, there are some tasks such as machine learning, gaming, 3D rendering, video editing and other power-hungry tasks that will consume extra memory. So, while you are performing these specific tasks, you may need to use the best 32Gb ram laptops, but otherwise, the 16GB RAM is sufficient for a casual workload.
Notably, if you want a laptop with 32GB of RAM, you will have to spend more than the usual as most laptops will come with 16GB or less memory since most users don't need that much RAM in their machines. However, some programs may need more than 16GB of RAM, and this is why only the top variants have 32GB of RAM.
1. HP Omen 15: Best for Gaming
- HYPER-REALISTIC GRAPHICS FOR LAPTOP GAMING: NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) RTX 2070 SUPER(TM) (8 GB GDDR6 dedicated) with Max-Q for power and efficiency combined. Experience the future of gaming with incredible realism. With breakthrough ray tracing technology powered by NVIDIA Turing(TM) architecture, enjoy smooth gaming and incredible visuals. VR and Mixed Reality-ready. 15.6-inch diagonal Full HD IPS anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit display (1920 x 1080) with 300Hz refresh rate and 3 ms response time; 78% screen to body ratio
- SUPER-FAST PROCESSOR: 10th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H, 6-Core, 2.6 GHz base frequency, up to 5 GHz with Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology
- HIGHER BANDWIDTH MEMORY, FAST SSD & SINGLE ACCESS PANEL: 32 GB DDR4-2933 MHZ SDRAM (2x16 GB, 2 accessible memory slots) & 512 GB PCIe(R) NVMe(TM) M.2 SSD (2 accessible M.2 slots). Easy access to your gaming laptop internals make upgrades and maintenance simple
- GAMING CONNECTIVITY: Thunderbolt(TM) 3 (40Gbps signaling rate) with SuperSpeed USB Type-C(R) (DisplayPort(TM) 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge), 3 SuperSpeed USB Type-A, RJ-45, 3.5mm Headphone/microphone combo (DTS: X(R) Ultra), AC smart pin, Mini DisplayPort(TM), HDMI 2.0a. Enjoy a smoother wireless experience with Wi-Fi 6 (2x2) and Bluetooth(R) 5.0 combo, all your connections are solid and up to 3x faster file transfer speeds than Wi-Fi 5
- RGB KEYBOARD: Full-size, island-style, 4-zone RGB backlit, shadow black keyboard, numeric keypad, and 26-Key Rollover Anti-Ghosting Key technology. WASD keys are outlined to highlight key gaming controls
HP Omen 15 is a 15.6-inch IPS LCD gaming laptop with a Full HD+ display and a 1920 × 1080p screen resolution supporting a 300Hz refresh rate. It is among the best gaming laptops that are bright enough to work outside, thanks to the 300 nits of maximum brightness and an anti-glare coating. The powerful gaming laptop is powered by the 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H processor with 6 cores and it has 12 threads the processor.
The display also includes a 100% sRGB color value, and it offers a 2.6Ghz base clock speed and an overclocking limit of up to 5.0 GHz. The HP laptop with 32Gb ram also has the Nvidia Geforce 2070 Super Max-Q dedicated graphics card and 6GB of GDDR6 video memory. In addition, the 32 Gb of DDR4 RAM is combined with 512GB of fast PCIe NVMe SSD drive.
Lastly, it includes an impressive backlit keyboard and, like with all HP laptops, has all the ports on the two sides. They include a Thunderbolt-compatible USB Type-C port, an ethernet port, and two USB type-a ports, HDMI and a DisplayPort 1.4 port. In addition, it supports Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5 and has a 720p inbuilt webcam.
2. ASUS Zen-book Duo 14: Best for Dual Display
- ScreenPad Plus: 12.6 inch matte touchscreen, giving your endless way to optimize your multitasking experience by extending the screen or split windows and apps on both displays
- 14 inch Full HD 400 nits NanoEdge touchscreen glossy main display
- Latest 11th generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor 2.8 GHz (12M Cache, up to 4.7 GHz, 4 cores) with Discrete NVIDIA GeForce MX450 graphics
- Fast storage and memory featuring 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD with 32GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Windows Pro and Built-in IR camera for facial recognition sign in with Windows Hello
Asus is the most suitable option for you if you are shopping for a unique laptop design different from other laptops as it's one in its category. ASUS Zen-book Duo 14 made it to the list thanks to its dual display as it not only comes with one display and has a separate display above the keyboard. The main display is a 14-inch 4K UHD OLED LCD with 3840 x 2160 pixels screen resolution, and since it has narrow bezels around its panel, it offers a 93% screen-to-body ratio. It also has stylus support.
On the other hand, the second display is a narrow panel featuring a 1920 × 515p screen resolution known as a ScreenPad Plus. This display also supports a pen or stylus, and its keyboard is lower than a regular laptop meaning its trackpad is on the side, and it's not that big. In addition, it features a backlit keyboard which allows you to work at night.
The laptop offers a productive experience through an intel core i7 processor with extra capacity. In addition, the Intel Iris Xe Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce RTX will help accelerate all tasks and get them done within a glance. For performance, it includes a 10th Gen Intel Core i9-10980HK processor, which offers 2.4GHz of normal clock speed, and it goes up to 5.3GHz with a total of 8 cores combined with 16 threads. Finally, it includes all types of ports on the sides, including one USB 3.2 Type-A, one HDMI, a 3.5mm combo audio jack, two Thunderbolt 4 ports and a micro-SD card reader slot.
3. Dell Alienware m15 R3 Gaming Laptop: Best for Excellent Display
- Dell Alienware m15 R3 Laptop 15.6" Non-Touch Screen Lunar Light
- Intel Core i7 10th Gen i7-10750H Six-Core Processor 2.6GHz (5GHz With Turbo Boost)
- 1TB SSD Hard Drive & 32GB RAM Memory
- 1920x1080 FHD resolution Non-Touch with an integrated Webcam and an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super Graphics Card
- Wireless Wifi & Bluetooth
Dell has a separate series called Alienware meant for powerful gaming laptops, and it has some great features that have made us include the laptop on our list. Alienware m15 gaming laptop comes with a 10th generation Intel Core i7-10875 CPU, which is combined with the Nvidia RTX 2080 graphics, and it has both CPU and GPU, which produces excellent performance.
Alienware m15 comes with a 15.6-inch Full HD display with a 300Hz refresh rate and 100% sRGB coverage. Also, it includes an outstanding panel with a super bright 300-nits brightness and a 3ms response time. In addition, it has impressive viewing angles, which is a great and perfect display for gaming, and the panel will reduce blue light rays, which saves eyes from high energy exposure.
It has an advanced cooling system and a real-time ray tracing with realist-looking graphics, and as far as storage is concerned, it includes a 1TB SSD storage coupling 32GB of DDR4 RAM. Lastly, you won't run out of external connectivity ports thanks to 3 USB Type-A ports, a graphics amplifier port, a Mini-display port, an Ethernet port, an HDMI port, an audio port, 1 thunderbolt port, and an SD card reader.
4. Apple MacBook Pro 16: Best for Video Editing
- 16" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar - 96W USB-C Power Adapter - USB-C Charge Cable (2m) - Apple 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Stunning 16" Retina display with True Tone technology
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- Ultrafast SSD
- Six-speaker system with force-cancelling woofers
Apple MacBook Pro 16 has a 16-inch diagonal IPS LCD backlit display using a 3072 × 1920 screen resolution at 226 PPI. It is an impressive display for content creators. It will support a million colors out of the box with great accuracy, supporting 500 nits of maximum brightness with True Tone Technology. In addition, the Macbook Pro has a 60Hz refresh rate panel featuring a wide P3 color gamut, and when it comes to processing power, it comes with an Intel Core i9 octa-core processor and a 2.4GHz base clock speed.
Apple MacBook Pro can be overclocked up to 5.0GHz speed thanks to the Turbo Boost technology, and it's powered by an AMD Radeon Pro 5500M GPU with an 8GB of HBM2 memory. In addition, all of the variants have Intel UHD graphics 630 integrated GPU making it one of the best choices if you are shopping for a 4K video editing laptop.
As with most Macbooks, they usually come with fewer ports, and this one is no different as it comes with four Thunderbolt 3 USB Type-C ports and a headphone plus mic combo jack. Lastly, it includes a 100WHr battery that offers up to 11 hours of battery life to support the top-notch hardware and superb performance.
5. Razer Blade 15: Best for Performance
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Graphics for Stunning Visuals: Built on NVIDIA’s award-winning 2nd-gen RTX architecture, these GPUs provide the most realistic ray-traced graphics and cutting-edge AI features for the most powerful graphics in a gaming laptop.
- Intel 11th Gen 8-Core CPU for All-out Gaming Performance: Run the heaviest AAA titles and creation tasks without breaking a sweat, and activate Intel Turbo Boost Technology for a jolt of speed that brings the i7 processor up to 5.1GHz.
- Next-gen Displays to Meet Your Needs: Go with ultra-fast 360Hz FHD for competitive gaming, OLED UHD for creative work with 4K clarity, or a 240Hz QHD display for the best of both worlds.
- Vapor Chamber Cooling for Maximized Thermal Performance: The laptop quietly and efficiently dissipates heat through the evaporation and condensation of an internal fluid, keeping it running smoothly and coolly even under intense loads.
Razer Blade 15 is a new laptop, but the last Gen Intel processors will power it, including the 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10875H processor. Although the processor belongs to the H series, it is still great for laptops, and it offers a base clock speed of up to 2.4GHz, which maxes out the 5.1GHz with Turbo Boost Technology. In addition, it features the latest dedicated Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 graphics card to combine all performances.
It's one of the best laptops with 6GB of video memory or RAM to play all the latest game titles without any lag, and it comes with the Intel Xe integrated graphics card. In addition, the machine has a 4K LCD with a 3820 × 2160 screen resolution, and it offers a 240Hz refresh rate and 300 nits of max brightness with narrow bezels around its display.
Razer Blade 15 also includes 32GB of DDR4 memory with 1TB of PCIe NVMe storage space, but they are not upgradable so keep in mind when choosing other variants. It has RGB lighting combined with the keyboard, and the Razer laptops are combined with the best trackpad for Windows with ports such as USB Type-A, USB Type C, HDMI port, audio input and output jack on its sides. In addition, it supports the new Bluetooth 5 and the new Wi-Fi, and in terms of battery, it will give 7 hours of backup depending on its usage patterns.
6. MSI Stealth 15M: Best for Professionals
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- Visual Performance: The 15.6” 144hz display delivers true-to-life images with a high refresh rate so you can see every frame of the game.
- Redefined Power: The 11th Gen. Intel Core i7 processor, delivers high performance with cores, take on any games and applications with ease.
- Supercharged Graphics: The MSI Stealth 15M is powered by a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060, take on today's most popular games with these performance graphics.
- On the Go Gaming: Designed to be thin and light for gamers to carry around every day for games, study, or work.
MSI Stealth 15M is the go-to option if you are interested in a mobile workstation that will offer you more than 32GB of built-in RAM. It is powered by the 11th Gen. Intel Core i7 CPU and a turbo clocking speed of up to 5.0GHz, combined with the high-performance NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Super to handle any demanding tasks with no lags. It qualifies as the perfect device to invest in if you are interested in professional 3D modeling. Thanks to the powerful GPU and RAM support, it allows 8K Video decoding, style transfer, rendering, Ai-Assisted color matching, and other activities.
It is created with aluminum and has a sandblasting texture, although the machine weighs 3.73 pounds. However, what steals the show is the battery backup of 7 hours, and it works well since this is a workstation that focuses on productivity.
This laptop with 32Gb of ram includes other hardware-based laptop features such as a backlit keyboard, powerful speakers, a high-end camera, a functional touchpad with a fingerprint reader, and resourceful microphones. It also uses innovative cooling technology, meaning it won't heat easily.
7. ASUS ROG Scar III: Best Value for Money
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 8GB GDDR6 (Base: 1110MHz, Boost: 1335MHz, TDP: 80W)
- Latest 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H Processor
- 240Hz 15.6” Full HD 1920x1080 IPS Type Display
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM | 1TB PCIe SSD | Windows 10 Home | Gigabit Wave 2 Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac 2x2)
- ROG Intelligent Cooling thermal system with dual 12V fans, anti-dust technology, and adjustable fan modes
If you want a competitive business laptop that packs amazing features while delivering an impressive performance on a rare Hz panel found on the gaming laptop. The BMW's Designworks has superb specifications with a 6 core Intel Core i7 processor combined with Nvidia's GeForce RTX 2070, which offers the 8GB dedicated VRAM.
The laptop's lid is metal, and it has a brushed finish that features a mirrored ROG Logo with RGB lighting and an undeniable build quality coupled with a three-year warranty. The laptop features a 17.3-inch full HD 240 Hz panel, and on the bottom edges, there is an RGB bar that gives the laptop an under glow effect, which will turn heads.
To top it all, the full-size backlit keyboard has a great feel and customizable RGB lighting with a mousepad that works perfectly and has windows precision drivers built into it. It also includes many ports, including keystone, and the latter device is an NFC chip that you will need to plug in to apply your settings or unlock an encrypted drive on your machine. The keystone comes in handy when sharing your machine with other users.
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing the Best Laptop with 32 GB Ram
Now that you know the amount of RAM you need, your next task is knowing what features would be best for this type of memory.
You will also need a powerful processor since, without a powerful processor, you won't tackle most things properly. This is especially important with a gaming laptop since a powerful processor will speed things up when you play games or perform high-end tasks. However, this doesn't mean you can't use low-end processors, but you will need a powerful chip to handle the 32 gigabytes of RAM comfortably.
Intel has the greatest and latest 11th Gen processors available for laptops and PC building. Since you are shopping for a laptop, you will need to choose from the mobile series chips, so opt for laptops with the H or performance series processors. For 32GB of RAM, the least CPU should have an Intel Core i7 since anything lower will be a big waste, but you will get a good combination if you can afford an Intel Core i9 processor.
Some good solutions include the AMD Radeon or Nvidia GeForce GTX. AMD is specifically popular for its desktop series processors, but they have been expanding its portfolio in the laptop market. So instead, opt for laptops with Ryzen 5 or Ryzen 7 processors, and although you can choose Ryzen 3 chips, they are mainly targeted at budget-type machines.
2. GPU or Graphics Card
After you consider the processor, the GPU or dedicated graphics card should be the next thing you look out for. Processors perform all processing-related tasks, while the dedicated graphics card is for handling all graphics-related tasks.
A laptop with 32Gb ram will need a good video card since, with this much RAM, you need a discrete graphics chip to make everything run smoothly. This will also help to prevent any slowdown when gaming or multitasking. A good graphics card is also necessary for a laptop with 32Gb ram, so you should ensure that the GPU can handle the intense gaming and graphics-intensive tasks.
There are two types of dedicated GPUs, one is from Nvidia, and the other is from AMD, and you will mostly get to see Nvidia graphics cards. Nvidia has the latest RTX 30 series GPUs, but you can choose Nvidia Geforce GTX 2060 and other powerful GPUs. You can also get Radeon 5000 series GPUs on laptops.
When it comes to the screen size, you should not get too small or too large, but generally, laptops with 32Gb ram should have a screen size of between 13 and 17 inches. So, when shopping for a laptop with 32GB ram, consider its display size. Opt for medium enough to comfortably handle work or entertainment purposes without being too big that it becomes challenging to travel with.
Its recommended to either have a full HD display or a 4K display for this RAM amount to ensure the best experience when streaming, watching videos or doing design work. The display size in this case and you will need a 15-inch display will handle the high resolution, excellent picture quality and offer plenty of room, especially for creatives.
Before you purchase a laptop with 32Gb ram, you will need to ensure that the CPU is up to standard and that some CPUs won't be able to handle the amount of memory, and it will bottleneck the system. Check for a laptop with a high-end Intel Core I series processor or an AMD Ryzen chip if you are interested in the best performance.
Connectivity is an important factor to consider where Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are necessary. You should ensure the Wi-Fi is fast enough to stream videos or download large files without lagging. In addition, ensure your laptop has all
When shopping around, ensure the laptops you consider have all the necessary ports to allow you to connect easily and use different peripherals. A great solution would be Thunderbolt which allows fast transfer speeds between devices such as displays or external hard drives.
The laptop you are considering should have all the ports you need, including an HDMI port, USB ports and a Thunderbolt port.
7. Battery Life
Battery life is another important consideration with the laptop you decide to buy since laptops with 32Gb ram are high-performance machines. Therefore, ensure the laptop you choose has a good battery life which allows you to use it for long periods without needing to charge it.
Opt for a battery life of over six hours to give you the maximum time possible without charging your laptop.
While the amount of RAM (Random Access Memory) you are using affects your storage, ensure you have enough space for storing all your apps and files. Storage devices matter on the machine, and when you have a fast CPU and GPU combined with 32GB RAM, you will need a high-speed storage system to match them to take advantage of the hardware.
A laptop with 32Gb ram should at least have 256GB or more for storing videos, photos, music documents and large presentations. When choosing a laptop, storage is essential, and you should ensure that your drive is fast and can comfortably handle large files. Another option would be an SSD that will give you the best performance.
The best HDD storage will also work fine, but storing non-system files means you can put your casual stuff in there.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Best 32GB RAM Laptops
1. Do you need an upgradeable RAM slot on a 32GB Laptop?
You need to consider opting for an upgradeable slot that fits in a 64GB Ram, but this is only if you want to work with several machines, 4K video editing or professional gaming. Most 32GB notebooks on the list have upgradeable RAM slots.
2. Can intel core i7 support 32Gb RAM?
Intel Core i7 can support up to 128GB, which means that it can support even 32GB modules. In addition, most 370 motherboards have a dual, which means a single 128GB configuration is supported.