Did you know that the best monitors for dual setup increase your productivity by 30%? To be sure that you are purchasing the right monitor, you should ensure that your graphics card can support the imaging you prefer. In addition, you should always ensure that its auxiliary ports match those of your monitor.
Top picks for dual monitors
Check Price on Amazon
What Is A Monitor?
A monitor is built into a computer as part of the hardware. It is a display device not unlike your television screen. A monitor on a laptop computer enables you to view the impressive graphics and therefore interact with the computer using various computer parts like a mouse, joystick, or keyboard. In addition, the graphics card plays an important role in showing images on your laptop.
Monitors are similar to televisions, but they usually display information or graphic images in much higher resolution. Also, monitors typically sit on a desk rather than on a wall surface like a television. Even though the monitor display sits outside the computer framework, it’s an integral part of the whole system. Dual monitor setups also let you get more done.
Monitors come in two major types, LCD and CRT. Interestingly, the image quality of LCD monitors is better than that of CRT monitors. The LCD monitors are also much more slender, use very little energy overall, and provide a better graphics quality. As a result, LCD monitors have gradually phased out CRT monitors. This is because of the high quality they offer.
Let us now take a look at the top 5 best dual monitors suitable for your space.
Best Dual Monitors
- 28 inches 4K/UHD (3840 x 2160) with 1ms response time and Adaptive Sync/AMD Free Sync for immersive, crisp visuals featuring Display Port and dual HDMI connectivity; Viewing Angle (CR≧10) : 170°(H)/160°(V). HDCP : Yes
- ASUS Eye Care technology lowers blue light and eliminates flickering to reduce eyestrain and ailments. Display colors is 1073.7 M 10 bit and maximum contrast ratio is 1000 : 1. It can allow a Adaptive Sync/Free Sync supported graphics source to dynamically adjust display refresh rate based on typical content frame rates for power efficient, virtually stutter free and low latency display update
- 5 Way OSD joystick delivers intuitive monitor controls so you can access features such as ASUS Game Plus on the fly. Digital signal frequency for display port is 120 to 120 KiloHertz horizontal, 40 to 60 Hertz vertical. Hdmi signal frequency is 24 to 99 KiloHertz horizontal, 40 to 60 Hertz vertical
- Compliance and Standards EAC logo, Energy Star, BSMI, CB, CCC, CE, CEL level 1, FCC, PSB, PSE, RoHS, TCO7.0, UL/cUL, VCCI, WEEE, WHQL (Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7), RCM, TUV Flicker free , TUV Low Blue Light
- Exclusive Game Plus and Game Visual settings enhance color performance and control. ASUS Rapid Replacement 3 years warranty service. Tilt : -5 degree Plus-20 degree. Brightness(Max) : 300 cd
The 28-inch display is probably the best feature of this monitor. You get high-resolution imaging (which is what everyone wants), as well as sharp and crisp text. Furthermore, it provides a 157 PPI pixel density for incredible and clear visuals. The design of the monitor itself gives you an immersive experience even when gaming or watching movies.
For a seamless and smooth experience, the gaming monitor has done away with slow frame responses. This was done to gradually but surely increase your performance during video gaming. In addition, it has adaptive synchronization, which makes your experience even better than before. Because it is also the best in this range, it has the best features.
What is a monitor without a quick refresh rate? This monitor’s refresh rate is supported by 60Hz and a cumulative content playback of 4K UHD. Furthermore, you can now use freesync be it your first professional monitor or your cheap second monitor. Either way, the Asus has exceeded expectations in all categories and is an exceptional choice for competitive gamers.
- A stunning view: The three-sided ultrathin bezel design in 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution lets you enjoy immersive viewing in incredible clarity and fine detail with 4 times the resolution of Full HD. Supports HDR content playback for a more lifelike visual experience. It's not curved screen.
- Beautiful look: Modern, elegant design with a subtle textured pattern at the back of the monitor has its own unique look. It brings the feeling of a harmonious blend of great style and quality into every living space.
- Leisure gaming: Smooth, tear-free experience with AMD FreeSync technology
- Get the flexibility for all-day comfort with height adjustable stand, tilt, swivel & pivot features
This IPS monitor will probably be one of the best dual monitor setups as far as having multiple monitors go. Aside from being a beautiful piece of machinery, it is also sleek. Its thin edge bezels offer maximum comfort and eye protection. The high resolution also increases clarity and finer detail. Furthermore, you get both HD visuals and HDR visuals.
In-plane switching (IPS) ensures you have visuals across multiple angles. In addition, the IPS panel lets you see thousands of colors. You can now automatically adjust the movement of your monitor with the pivoting, which lets you move it and adjust the height for your best convenience. This dual-monitor also has a picture-by-picture feature that lets you split the screen into two sides.
It also has an in-built HDMI port to provide the ultimate connectivity. This ensures you are always online. The in-built speakers are also powerful for the best audio experience. Because it is flicker-free, you can stay up all night on your dual monitor setup without an issue like eye strain. Apart from Freesync technology, it also has Dell Easy Arrange to keep you organized.
- 23.8" Full HD IPS widescreen with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Response time: 4ms, refresh rate: 60 hertz, pixel pitch: 0.2745 millimeter. 178 degree wide viewing angle, display colors: 16.7 million
- The zero frame design provides maximum visibility of the screen from edge to edge
- Signal inputs: 1 x HDMI, 1 x DVI (withHDCP) & 1 x VGA. Does not support HDCP 2.2, the version this monitor supports is HDCP 1.4
- No picture visible using the OSD menu, adjust brightness and contrast to maximum or reset to their default settings. Brightness is 250 nit. Operating power consumption: 25 watts
The zero frame design on the Acer creates a unique and frameless experience. No pesky frames to ruin your interactive experience with the best dual monitor setup. For a budget dual monitor setup, it has a high resolution which is best for multimedia productions. It is also a great monitor for premium color performance, thanks to the IPS panel.
We will always stress comfort. Hence the Acer ultrawide monitor. Its ergonomic construction lets you tilt, straighten and even bend the screen to suit your needs for the best view possible. Moreover, it is compatible with VGA ports and HDMI ports.
You will always stay connected with amazing ports and enjoy your other gadgets like smartphones or tablets. In addition, you still get a full high-definition output display. It also conserves power by using the least amount to power up. Finally, the high refresh rate provides you with maximum visibility between both ends of the screen making it one of the best monitors for dual setup.
- UNMATCHED IMMERSION: Get your head in the game with Odyssey’s 1000R panel, which matches the curvature of the human eye for maximum immersion and minimal eye strain.
- WQHD RESOLUTION: Make your gaming world, more lifelike than ever before. Packing in 1. 7 times the pixel density of Full HD, WQHD resolution boasts incredibly detailed, pin-sharp images. Experience a fuller view with more space to take in all the action.
- NVIDIA G-SYNC & FREESYNC: Dropping frames means dropping chances to put your enemy in the dirt. With NVIDIA G-SYNC and FreeSync Premium Pro support, Odyssey matches every frame from your graphics card, so you’re never caught short from moment to moment.
- RAPID 240hz REFRESH RATE: Topping leaderboards never looked or felt so smooth. With Odyssey’s rapid 240hz refresh rate, you have up to four times as many frames displayed on screen every second compared to a traditional screen.
- INFINITY CORE LIGHTING: Odyssey’s Infinity Core is a striking addition to any desktop, matching world firsts in technology, with stunning visual design.
For minimal eyestrain, the Samsung Odyssey boasts a sleek and curved design for an immersive experience. It also makes a component of the best dual monitor setup. Furthermore, you have maximized screen viewing with pin-sharp and crisp imaging. It is also 1.7 times crisper than the pixelated density you get on High Definition.
With 125% more coloring, who wouldn’t want to use this monitor? Pro gamers should consider this gaming monitor if not for the excellent pixel quality, then for the Quantum Dot Technology. Either way, you still have one of the best monitors for a dual setup.
This monitor supports a VESA mount of 100*100mm. It also has one of the fastest refresh rates of 240Hz. This refresh rate ensures you are receiving information as fast as the latest advancements in technology.
This IPS monitor definitely has the best viewing angles. We like that it is relatively easy to access all the ports on the monitor even when it is mounted. Aside from that, every pixel is in High Definition. The contrast ratio is stunning for the best viewing and imaging. This also includes the ease of hiding all the pesky cords.
For a trusty machine, this is the one to go with. Its HDMI port ensures you are always connected without a problem. And on top of that, you can also rest easy knowing it has anti-glare technology to keep your eyes happy and safe.
With optimum performance, the user-friendly utilities on the screen are a helpful feature. In addition, the alignment settings make this screen all the more attractive and of the best monitors for a dual setup. If that’s not enough, the micro-edge design allows for a seamless transition between imaging, while the internal speakers provide great audio output.
Features To Look For In A Dual Monitor Setup
Since you will obviously be purchasing a second monitor for your space, there are a few features you should look out for before doing that. First, multiple displays are a great fit for a dual setup. Our recommendations are always based on the best multi-monitor setup there is. Second, if your monitor isn’t the right fit for the type of job or hobby you have, then your productivity is bound to suffer.
a) Work Station size
If your space station is in a small space and you add too many monitor displays, you will find it challenging to make any adjustments, especially if you plan to use multiple devices. Ample desk space should always be a top priority for you, especially if you find yourself habitually rearranging the orientation or layout of your display.
If you have a diverse monitor setup, you may need to put in more effort to make them synchronize nicely within your workspace. It is noteworthy that some computer monitors have integrated attachments like a microphone, speakers, a camera, or USB ports. A preferred workspace should easily accommodate at least two monitors, each of 24-inches.
b) Image Quality
When you use one monitor, the image quality might not bother you that much. However, when you use multiple displays, poor image quality tends to be very irritating. Unfortunately, poor image quality tends to worsen by the day and will get more distracting by the minute, especially on a dual setup monitor.
A display with high image excellence or resolution will provide a crisp and blended user experience. In addition, the graphics and image remain accurate despite being on ultrawide monitors. In addition, you certainly don’t want monitors with bigger side bezels. They are unnecessarily large and prevent you from concentrating. Thin bezels are best.
c) Ergonomic Quality
If there is one feature you don’t want to skip out on, it is an ergonomic monitor display. Let us explain; you might suffer from eye strain if you use your monitor displays constantly. Eye strain is not uncommon. However, it can cause severe discomfort and pain. To ease this, ensure you purchase displays with features such as a blue light feature. Or an adaptable lighting feature.
What an adaptable lighting feature does is to dim or brighten your display, depending on your surrounding. Anti-glare is also another important feature because it minimizes the screen brightness effect on your eyes. In addition, it is also important for your monitor to be easily adjustable. It should be able to move up, down, or sideways easily.
So you probably are looking to add one more monitor arm to your setup. As great as multi-monitor setups are, they are not without their disadvantages. It is a bit challenging to synchronize a secondary monitor seamlessly. In-built features such as built-in speakers, microphones, USB C ports, and HDMI input must be compatible.
Because of these features, there are softwares such as AMD Freesync technology that enables a seamless merge between the graphics of your dual monitor setup. As a result, the compatible systems now become one flawless system to aid with your work. Either way, physical and software comfort are a requirement.
How Can You Improve Your Dual Monitor Setups?
If you are tired of the monotony of your dual monitor setup system, then it might be time to improve on it. Here are some of the ways you can do that from the comfort of your seat.
i) Match Your Displays
You have probably heard about this before. With a good dual monitor, the setup comes more screen space. If your monitors are different sizes and different models, you should match the displays on them. A good secondary monitor should be able to match to the first and vice versa easily. In addition, the monitors’ orientation should match each other.
ii) Improve Your Taskbar
For a convenient setup, expanding your taskbar to all your monitors (it doesn’t matter if you have six displays) is a worthwhile thing to do. It is helpful to have the same style of your taskbar extending to all your displays, and it is also easier to access. An extended taskbar also contains all your favorite applications spread across all your monitors.
iii) Customize Your Screen Alignment And Resolution
Pixel density is the most important feature of screen real estate. Multi-monitor options like customization and screen alignment guarantee your investment is maximized. Even a budget monitor should help to modify and improve your productivity. In addition, setting cool wallpapers can also help with customization and improve resolution.
iv) Setting Up Your Dual HD Monitor
Connecting your best monitor to your best secondary monitor requires three cables: HDMI, VGA input, and DVI port. After plugging both your monitors into a power outlet, you can now connect your first monitor via HDMI or VGA. To connect your second monitor for the perfect dual monitor setup, follow the steps you did while connecting the first.
You should always find comfort in the fact that there is no right or wrong way to mount or connect monitors for dual setups. However, the way you want to mount your system should entirely be up to you and how you feel like completing the setup. Either way, investing in an ergonomic gaming chair to sit in front of your display should allow you all range of motion.
The most paramount thing to note is that the best dual monitors enhance efficiency. We expect you to take a while before making a decision. Monitors for dual setup should take a while to select such that they benefit you.