People often ignore the power supplies, but they are a vital component in any desktop PC. We’re going to cover the basics so you know what to look for when selecting a new power supply unit.
Which is the best RGB Power Supply Units?
Check Price on Amazon
The Power Supply Unit (PSU) probably won’t be the most discussed PC component, but it’s a basic of any desktop. Supplying power to your entire system is a significant role, and using the wrong one could be costly.
That’s why we’re here to provide you with the information you need to understand why having the right RGB PSU is essential and why merely settling for the cheapest option is not the best solution.
When buying a PSU, consider the following points:
- Get connected with the different cables power supplies used to provide power to your system.
- Also, take into notice the Watts that the PSU requires.
- An adequate power supply ought to have safeguards implicit — to secure the PSU itself as well as to guard your framework if there should arise an occurrence of something sudden.
- Consider efficiency, form factor, and cabling preferences.
- There is a vast selection of additional features you can get from premium power supplies. Features like LED lighting, different connections, testing buttons, and power draw measurements via internal USB connections are more luxurious than necessities, but they are options if you’re interested.
An adequate power supply can last for many years and can have a considerable impact on your PC’s efficiency, so take the time to choose wisely. Your PC will thank you for it.
Guides you may also like:
5 Best RGB Power Supplies
Below, we will talk about five the best RGB PSU available on the market:
- [2-Way RGB control] - Control light via "color" "Mode" Button (7 light modes/8 Colors) or via 5V ARGB Sync motherboard
- [15 light modes via color mode button] - Wave/ spiral/ flow/ heartbeat/ ripple/ full lighted (Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, and white)/ spectrum mode/ light off
- [Sync with motherboard RGB software] - controlling lights with as US aura Sync, Gigabyte RGB FUSION, MSI Mystic Light Sync and ASROCK polychrome through motherboards that have a 5V addressable RGB header
- [Ring Duo 140mm fan] - 16. 8 million color 18 addressable LEDs Dual lighting Zones self-lubricated hydraulic Bearing pwn fan for maximizing airflow while minimizing noise
- [Ultra quiet smart zero fan] - fan works only when PSU working load goes over 40%. a switch At the back of the PSU can be turned off to have the fan spun constantly
TF1 ARGB Gold – TT Premium Edition is created while utilizing crafting edge innovation and materials to turn into the combination of style and execution.
The built-in Riing Duo 14 RGB Fan features dual rings with 18 addressable LEDs, great light coverage, uniform color, and brightness to paint your build with 16.8 million colors.
Moreover, it shows off the enchanting illumination through the unique ARGB side cover design and adds a fantastic effect on your build.
Say goodbye to the messy cables! The daughterboards are legitimately bound to the motherboard for better warmth scattering and superb yield power quality.
The keen zero fan begins to work when the force gracefully doing burden goes over 40%; hence, it’ll limit the undesired commotion—an easy to use a switch in the backboard lets the fan turn frequently.
- Brand: Thermaltake
- Item model number: PS-TPD-0750F3FAGU-1
- Item Weight: 8.37 pounds
- Package Dimensions: 13.58 x 9.21 x 6.38 inches
- 80 PLUS Bronze certified efficiency provides up to 88% operational efficiency, generating less heat and lowering your energy costs.
- Control RGB lighting at the push of a button, with ten preset lighting modes for eight individually addressable RGB LEDs built into a 120mm RGB fan.
- Connect to a CORSAIR iCUE RGB Lighting Controller (sold separately) or motherboard via the included 5V ARGB adapter for advanced RGB lighting control.
- A dedicated optimized fan curve is specially calculated to keep noise levels down.
- Supports Microsoft Modern Standby sleep mode for extremely fast wake-from-sleep times and better low-load efficiency.
Go with the sparkle with the CX arrangement PSU that light up your PC’s internals with eight exclusively addressable RGB LEDs and altogether measured links for a simple link the board.
It wisely controls the splendid lighting! Each CX-F RGB PSU highlights a lit 120mm RGB fan with eight independently addressable RGB LEDs to give excellent complement lighting to your assemble.
Press the catch on the back, associate with a CORSAIR iCUE RGB Lighting Controller, or utilize your motherboard’s inherent ARGB control with the included connector link. Control your lighting how you need to!
CORSAIR CX-F RGB Series completely particular force supplies convey stable 80 PLUS Bronze professional capacity to your framework and let you utilize just the links you requirement for cleaner manufacture.
CX-F includes a finely tuned 120mm RGB fan with a devoted fan bend to keep commotion levels down. Also, it ensures a comfortable fit in almost all modern enthusiast PC cases and reduces cable clutter by only connecting the cables that your system needs.
For steady, dependable force and magnificent electrical execution, each CX-F RGB power flexibly highlights a hearty LLC geography with DC-DC transformation and 105°C evaluated 100% essential Japanese capacitors. And Microsoft Modern Standby Support ensures speedy wake-from-sleep times and better low-load efficiency.
- Cable Type: Sleeved and flat, black cables
- C-Link Ready: Yes
- Dimensions: 150mm x 86mm x 140mm
- Fan size: 120mm
- MTBF hours: 100,000 hours
- Multi-GPU ready: Yes
- Patented 256 colors Riing 14 RGB fan with five lighting modes and built-in memory
- Digital control on primary side (PFC/LLC controller)
- Smart Zero Fan: Minimizes undesired noise at low to medium load
Thermaltake is the pioneer in joining RGB lights into the force flexibly, presenting the Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB arrangement. It accompanies a pre-introduced and restrictive Riing 14 RGB fan with five lighting modes (RGB cycle mode, strong red, green, intense blue, and firm white), LEDs off, and worked in memory work.
With limits going from 850W to 1200W and 80 PLUS Platinum confirmed, the Toughpower Grand RGB Series embraces the most excellent parts and an utterly secret plan that consistently adjusts to any steady development under any condition.
The fan color can be switched between an RGB cycle with variants by pressing the RGB lighting button, including solid red, green, blue, white, and an LED off mode. The fan comprises a built-in memory function, which saves the applied colour and ensures the same color selection every time your PC boots.
- Product Dimensions: 6.3 x 5.91 x 3.39 inches
- Item Weight: 7.26 pounds
- Manufacturer: Thermaltake
- Item model number: PS-TPG-1050F1FAPE-1
- 80+ platinum certification for energy efficiency, built with 100 % Japanese capacitors for stability and durability
- 0db cooling with dustproof ip5x wing blade fans and integrated RGB heatsinks for cooler operation
- Oled power display: Real time power draw monitoring with oled power display
- Aura sync addressable RGB lighting features a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever expanding ecosystem of aura sync enabled products
- AC input range:100 to 240V AC
ASUS Aura Sync is the natural lighting system that lets you sync lighting impacts over your gaming apparatus, segments, and peripherals. The ROG Thor 1200W Platinum has addressable RGB Aura LEDs worked in and prepared for you to make your custom look.
OLED power supply
The ROG Thor 1200W Platinum has a coordinated OLED board, which offers a continuous presentation of intensity utilization. Presently you can see how much squeeze your apparatus is utilizing.
Wing blade fan
We’ve prepared the ROG Thor 1200W Platinum with a restrictive 135mm Wing-Blade fan to amplify segment life. Residue opposition keeps it turning unreservedly, and the 0db innovation utilizes warm sensors to permit the fan to stop totally at lower wattages, considering calm activity.
ROG heat sink
Incorporated ROG heatsinks have 2x more volume than standard plans. Results in 20% lower temperatures inside the ROG Thor 1200W Platinum, allowing for more straightforward operation, extending component life, and allowing 0dB operation long after standard designs had to spin their fans.
The ROG Thor 1200W Platinum utilizes outstanding quality Japanese capacitors to guarantee proficient activity; This ensures 89% productivity at 100% burden and 92% at half load; along these lines, it creates less warmth, diminishing fan clamor and expanding dependability.
We realize you’ll need to begin fabricating immediately, so we’ve included great sleeved and standard links. The sleeved cables include one 24-pin PCI-e cable, four 6 + 2-pin PCI-e cables, and two 8-pin CPU cables. We’ve also included an RGB connector that connects to your ASUS motherboard’s addressable RGB header.
- Brand: ASUS
- Series: ROG-THOR-1200P
- Item model number: ROG-THOR-1200P
- Item Weight: 11 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 7.48 x 5.91 x 1.33 inches
- Color: 80+ Platinum
- Voltage: 450 Volts
- ✅ 〖80 Plus Gold Certified〗 80 Plus Gold certified with 90% efficiency or higher under typical loads.Lower power consumption, less noise and cooler temperatures.
- ✅ 〖ARGB Light Mode〗 25 smart RGB lighting modes with memory function, press RGB controller switch to choose the color mode you like： single color mode, breathing lights mode, color mix mode.
- ✅ 〖Full Modular〗 Wire-free design reduces the confusion of cables' management, increases airflow to improve overall efficiency and heat dissipation performance.
- ✅ 〖Ultra-quiet fan〗The 140mm whisper-quiet fan maintains good heat dissipation.
- ✅ 〖Highest Protection & Warranty〗Five-year warranty from the date of purchase.Powerful single +12V rails offer stable DC output and support highend graphic card and PC system. Excellent capacitors offer the stability, durability, and reliability, OPP/OVP/UVP/SCP/OCP electrical protection included .
GAMEMAX PSU has a honeycomb ventilation design for optimal heat dissipation. Furthermore, it has 80 plus Gold certified, with 90% efficiency or higher under typical loads. Fully-modular output wire rod, optimize routing requirements.
Strong single +12V rails offer stable DC yield and backing top of the line realistic cards and PC frameworks. A+ level capacitors give the most elevated soundness, solidness, dependability, and electrical security.
- Product Dimensions: 5.91 x 5.51 x 3.35 inches
- Item Weight: 6.01 pounds
- Item model number: RGB-850